Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Place
South Wharf VIC 3006
Courtesy of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC), is an exceptional venue designed to facilitate diverse conferences, exhibitions, and special events. Recognised for its cutting-edge facilities, unwavering commitment to sustainability, and emphasis on inclusion, diversity, and environmental responsibility, MCEC stands as a leader in hosting world-class events.
As you prepare for your visit, here are some key details to enhance your experience:
Our event will take place at Goldfields Theatre, situated on the west side of the MCEC venue. For convenient access, head to the Convention Centre Place entrance.
This entrance is strategically located, ensuring a seamless arrival and providing easy navigation to the Goldfields Theatre. We look forward to welcoming you to this exceptional event space at MCEC.
- By car: Wilson Parking offers flexible rates at the secure underground car park in the Exhibition Centre. Book online for a guaranteed spot.
- By train/tram: Southern Cross Station is the closest train station. From there, catch tram routes 96, 109, or 12 down Spencer Street to the Clarendon Street entrance. Tram routes 70, 75, and City Circle stop at Spencer St/Flinders St.
- By bus: Bus route 237 (Monday to Friday) goes via Southern Cross Station to Eighteen Pence Lane stop on Lorimer Street, a six-minute walk to MCEC.
- By bicycle: There are bike hoops located along Convention Centre Place outside Wilson Parking South Wharf making cycling convenient.
- By taxi or rideshare: There is a taxi rank outside the venue on Convention Centre Place, near the Novotel Melbourne South Wharf hotel entrance.
- From the airport: From Melbourne Airport, take a taxi or rideshare from the designated pick-up zones or opt for the Skybus, specifically the Southbank Docklands Express, stopping at MCEC’s Clarendon Street entrance.
MCEC has a commitment to fostering equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive environment for all. Below, outlines a few of the commitments MCEC has made so far.
- Beliefs and company culture: Integral to MCEC’s culture and goals, inclusion, equity, and diversity create psychologically and culturally safe spaces. These beliefs serve as a shared language, addressing inequity and driving inclusivity.
- Commitments: MCEC is committed to gender equality, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, partnerships with First Nations and sustainability, and supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Gender Equality: MCEC have implemented a Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP) 2022–2025. The focus on workplace representation, culture, and experience, ensuring an environment where everyone feels respected and valued.
For more detailed information visit the MCEC Inclusion and Diversity webpage.
MCEC prioritises sustainability, fostering a commitment to seamlessly integrate it across all facets of events. The MCEC Sustainability Strategy 2021–26 delineates nine essential priorities and commitments, succinctly summarised below.
- Supporting local producers: MCEC’s sustainability practices include supporting local producers through initiatives like the 100-Mile Menu, sustainable coffee sourcing, on-site herb and flower cultivation, and a preference for reusable items over disposable ones. Additionally, they contribute to the community by donating leftover food to OzHarvest.
- Acknowledgement and respect for Traditional Owners of the land: MCEC emphasises acknowledgment and respect for the Traditional Owners of the land, incorporating Welcome to Country, cultural ceremonies, education, and tours. The commitment extends to supporting indigenous suppliers.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion: MCEC champions diversity and inclusion by providing facilities and services that cater to diverse needs, including wheelchair access, assistance animals, interpreters, safe spaces, prayer rooms, hearing loops, Auslan, all-gender toilets, and more.
- Climate change and energy stewardship: MCEC is dedicated to mitigating its environmental impact by actively reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Their commitment extends to advancing energy efficiency, minimizing energy consumption, and progressively transitioning to renewable energy sources.
You can find more information on their Sustainability | Our Impact webpage.